Polar bears eat dolphins as Arctic warms
A polar bear eats a white-beaked dolphin in the Raudfjorden fjord, on the northwestern coast of the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard, Norway, on July 2, 2014. Dolphins had become trapped too far north possibly due to the almost absence of ice in the region in the past few years and the sudden arrival of ice in April. As the climate warms, the sight of polar bears tucking into weird meals, such as dolphins, could become more common.
A polar bear eats a white-beaked dolphin in the Raudfjorden fjord, on the northwestern coast of the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard, Norway. Melting sea ice has led to more species venturing further north, they are the new preys for polar bears.
Food and Water Watch Report 2015
It’s time to wean ourselves off the Fairytale Version of Farming,
“The way that meat, eggs and milk are produced is surrounded by one of our great silences, in which most people collaborate. We don’t want to know, because knowing would force anyone with a capacity for empathy to change their diet…
So now to the real question: how do they get away with it? How is it that we, who regard ourselves as a nation of animal lovers, accept such terrible standards of meat production? If dogs and cats were treated as pigs and chickens are, there would be a deafening outcry: in fact there are plenty of people in Britain who campaign against the raising of dogs and cats for food in Asia. But what’s the difference? Why is it acceptable to treat some animals – even creatures as intelligent and capable of suffering as pigs – so brutally, but not others?”
Radio Host Killing A Rabbit On Air Was Disturbingly … Normal
California’s Water Disaster Is Confusing, So We Drew Pictures
- About 80 percent of California’s water goes to agriculture.
- 50 percent of the average Californian’s water footprint comes from meat and dairy consumption alone.
- You need 7.7 cubic meters of water to produce 1 pound of beef. That’s like 77 baths.
- 1 gram of beef protein requires six times as much water as 1 gram of protein from beans, peas or lentils.
- 1 calorie from beef also requires 20 times as much water as 1 calorie from grains or starchy roots.
- It takes 132 gallons of water for a slaughterhouse to process just one animal.
- Tt takes 30 gallons of water to make one glass of dairy milk.